The nonprofit industry has placed growing importance on online giving as part of an organization’s overall fundraising strategy. It’s no surprise that a primary goal of any online program is to grow and maintain a large, healthy list of email addresses for donors or potential donors with whom the organization can communicate. This acquisition can be done through a variety of methods and can be tailored to virtually any budget.
National Fundraising Lists (NFL) has extensive experience providing a customized plan to meet each nonprofit’s goals and needs. We have successfully managed campaigns with small budgets as well as those with budgets of up to several hundred thousand dollars for numerous clients ranging from Wounded Warrior Project and Disabled American Veterans to Mothers Against Drunk Driving. In addition, NFL will partner with you to create a conversion plan for any newly acquired prospects or an onboarding program for new donors.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): This practice focuses on structuring your website and content to be easily indexed by search engines (e.g., Google, Yahoo and Bing). This affects the “organic” listings and allows more new visitors to find your website. This tactic is best paired with a strategic path that leads new visitors to a newsletter opt-in page and/or a donation form.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM): Search engines allow advertisers to choose the keywords for which they would like their ads to display. NFL creates comprehensive testing plans to determine what types of keywords and landing pages will provide the best results. We manage campaigns in Google (including Google Grant Management), Yahoo, AOL and Bing.
- E-appends: This practice of matching a direct-mail file to a database of email addresses is an extremely cost-effective way to build an email list. NFL organizes quarterly “gang runs” with other clients that provide you with significant savings.
- Petition Networks: Working with vendors such as Care2, Change.org and Greater Good Network, we can create a petition for users to sign while simultaneously opting-in to receive more information from the organization.
- Network Advertising: This is the largest, most varied type of advertising available online. It covers the spectrum of buying banner ad space on individual websites such as ESPN.com to larger networks of websites such as Advertising.com. NFL’s media plans include advertising techniques such as “remarketing” (also called “retargeting”), which is the practice of displaying advertising to visitors who have previously visited your website.
If you are interested in more information about NFL’s online services, please contact us for more information.